How we can help
Navigating services for, or as a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities can be overwhelming and stressful – we can guide you to obtain the services that will allow you or a loved one to live a full, rich and dynamic life.
The Family and Innovative Supports team can support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in negotiating all available resources to help meet current and future needs. They facilitate the intake process for all types of services and make referrals to resources you may want to access.
When to contact Family and Innovative Services
If a person with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or their family:
- Is looking for services
- Would like to change where they live
- Would like to try out a different day activity
- Is looking for additional services or a change in services
Here are some resources you might find helpful:
- Special Needs Trusts, Estate Planning: www.specialneedsalliance.org
- Guardianship: www.nycourts.gov/COURTS/nyc/surrogates/index.shtml